Lectures and public speaking
John Hughes-Wilson is an accomplished and experienced speaker who is a leading expert on military intelligence history.
If you would like to book John to deliver a lecture, present a talk, take part in a pane-discussion seminar or give an after-dinner speech, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presentations and talks
Here is an alphabetical list of the subjects John has spoken about in lectures, talks and presentations in the period 2006-2017:
- AN AMERICAN COUP D’ETAT: WHO REALLY SHOT JFK?
- ANIMALS IN WAR
- BLINDFOLD AND ALONE: EXECUTIONS IN WORLD WAR I
- CHURCHILL: GENIUS STATESMAN OR LUCKY POLITICIAN?
- THE CURIOUS CASE OF RUDOLF HESS
- CYPRUS AND THE CYPRUS PROBLEM: A BRIEF HISTORY
- DEATH OF A GODDESS: PRINCESS DIANA
- EUROPE’S DISASTROUS ‘CIVIL WAR’: THE GREAT WAR, 1914–19
- THE GREAT SIEGE OF MALTA
- GUNS, LIES AND SPIES: THATCHER, THE CIA & THE SUPERGUN
- INTELLIGENCE MYSTERIES OF WORLD WAR II BLUNDERS
- MYTHS OF WORLD WAR I
- THE PUPPET MASTERS: THE SECRET HISTORY OF INTELLIGENCE
- THE REALITY AND POLITICS OF TERRORISM
- THE RISE AND FALL OF THE OTTOMAN TURKS
- THE SAD STORY OF CYPRUS
- THE STRANGE LIFE AND STRANGER DEATH OF MARILYN MONROE
- WHO KILLED DR KELLY, AND WHY? YOU ARE THE JURY
- WHO MURDERED NAPOLEON?
Here is a selection of the organisations and locations where John has been invited to speak in the period 2006-2017:
- 112 (Turkish Emergency Ambulance Service charity comparable to 999)
- Anglo-Turkish Association
- Aye Write Literary Festival. Glasgow
- Guild of Battlefield Guides
- International Napoleonic Society
- National Army Museum
- US university groups visiting Cyprus